Women’s Health and fitness tips,
General health and well being tips and advice for the ladies.
In this section you will find health and fitness tips specifically for women.
Womens health and fitness tips,
Coping With the Stress of Trying to Lose Weight
The weight loss process can be extremely taxing mentally and emotionally for most women. Whenever they think about losing weight, they automatically think about running for hours or hitting the gym. They also grimace at the thought of sacrificing their favorite food for boring, tasteless foods like broccoli juice or bland chicken breast.
It’s always a physical thing. Struggling with exercise or eating foods you do not want to, are the most common images conjured up by the mind. However, there is one more adversary that is far more sinister than sweating or sacrificing food. It is the mental toll that weight loss exerts on your mind and will-power. This is the main cause why millions of women quit on the weight loss journey. It’s never the exercise or the food that makes a person quit. It’s the mental attitude and thought processes that make a person throw in the towel. The first point to note is that it is not easy to lose weight. Forget what the women’s magazines or pills are saying. You can’t lose 14 pounds a week. These are false advertising designed to make you part with your money. The only thing that will get lighter is your wallet.
The 3 most important points about weight loss that you must grasp are:
* It’s not easy. * It will take time… often longer than you will expect. * You will slip up now and again.
Once you grasp these 3 points, that’s half the battle won. Now that you know it is not easy, you will not have unrealistic expectations of losing weight. Many people buy weight loss pills based on the hype and marketing created by the manufacturer. When the results do not come, they are dejected, disappointed and demoralized. These could all be avoided by realizing that you cannot shed the fats in such an easy manner. If you could lose weight just by eating a few pills, there would be no fat people on the planet.
The next point is that weight loss takes time. On average, you can expect to lose about 1% of your body weight a week. If you weigh 200 pounds, that means you will lose about 2 pounds a week. If you’re 40 pounds overweight, that’s going to be a 20 week stretch. Maybe a week or two more. Are you mentally prepared for this 20 week stretch? If you were expecting to lose 10 pounds in a week, you will be sorely disappointed when the scales show that you’ve only lost two. This disappointment will make you feel like quitting. In reality, you have done good! Imagine that! You would quit, thinking that you failed when you’ve actually been on the right track. This is the biggest mistake most people make. They assume that their results are abysmal and decide that it’s just not worth it. You must be thankful and grateful for any progress regardless of how small it is. That’s the only way forward.
Thirdly, you will slip up. Don’t make the mistake of expecting perfection. There will be times when your will-power fails and you gobble the cookie or gulp down the cool glass of wine. It happens. We’re human and we slip up. When that happens, don’t curse yourself and tell yourself, that you don’t have what it takes… and quit!!! You never quit! That’s like telling a kid who is learning to walk that he is destined to crawl for life just because he falls a few times during the learning process. It’s this expectation of being perfect that leads many to quit. Just realize your slip up, acknowledge it, see why you slipped up and move on. Be determined to be more compliant.
If you stopped to analyze the situation, you may realize that attending a party makes you slip up. Your next course of action would be to avoid social occasions for a while till you have achieved your desired weight. You’d have cut out the temptation and stayed compliant. By quitting, you’d never reach your goal. Now that you know that there is a mental game involved when losing weight, you should be wary of your thought processes. Look closely at what is making you feel demoralized or depressed. What are you thinking of when you’re on the verge of quitting. Why do you want to quit?
By analyzing your thoughts, you will realize that your expectations are just unrealistic. Aim for small, achievable goals. Be kind to yourself… and keep moving forward. Always move forward.
You don’t have time for regrets. Leave them behind with the fat you’ve lost and keep moving forward.
7 Appetite Reduction Techniques for Women
Let’s face it. If you want to lose weight, you’re going to have to eat less. Yes… yes… You don’t want to. You enjoy eating. Do you really have to cut down your calorie intake? Yes. What if you eat the same amount and just exercise? No. You still need to eat less.
Ok… ok. You’ll eat the same amount, exercise like crazy and pop a few slimming pills too. That ok? No. You’ll still have to eat less. Now that we have established that fact, we can move on. When we say eat less, it doesn’t mean that you will have to eat like a bird. You’ll always have enough food to eat, to stay strong, fit and healthy. The problem society faces these days is that people eat too much. They eat when they’re happy. They eat when they’re sad. They eat when they’re hungry and they eat when they’re not hungry… out of fear that they might get hungry later. Many people’s relationship with food is totally out of whack. The most crucial step to losing weight is consuming the correct amount of calories. Ideally, you should be aiming for a caloric deficit of 500 calories. You can find out the exact number by visiting http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
Once you aim to cut your calories, you will definitely end up eating less than you’re accustomed to. Since you’re already in the habit of eating a certain quantity of food daily, the body is going to feel a little hungry. This is normal. You’re not starving. Your body needs time to adjust to the fewer calories. There will be slight discomfort and you may find yourself thinking of food often. You will need to exercise will-power and not eat. Maintaining the caloric deficit is imperative to losing the pounds. Look at it as a challenge that you can surmount. Many people look at controlling their diet as a huge pain in the butt. With a negative attitude like this, they best prepare for a hemorrhoid attack. There are 7 tips in this article to curb your appetite. These will help to a certain extent at controlling your cravings. Do note that within a week of maintaining a caloric deficit, your appetite will naturally diminish. The less you eat, the less you’ll want to eat. You stomach will shrink and you’ll require less food to feel satiated. That may take a week or two to happen. Depending on how much you’ve been eating daily, it may take longer but rest assured that you will need less food as you go along.
1. Skip breakfast. This runs contrary to everything you’ve heard so far. However, studies have shown that the later in the day you have your first meal, the less you’ll eat throughout the day. If you really must have breakfast, go ahead, but keep it light and make sure it is protein based. Skip the sugary cereals and white bread.
2. Drink lots of water. It’ll make you feel full and very often people mistake thirst for hunger. You also need to be sufficiently hydrated to accelerate fat loss.
3. Consume a tablespoon or 2 of virgin coconut oil daily. It has been shown to reduce one’s appetite, make a person leaner and also less prone to storing fat.
4. Stay active throughout the day. Sedentary activities such as vegetating in front of the TV for hours, playing video games non-stop, watching movies at the cinema, etc. will automatically make you want to pop something in your mouth to munch. Avoid these activities.
5. Eat lots of vegetables. Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, carrots, cauliflower, kale, celery, etc. contain a ton of beneficial properties. Not only are they good for your health but they will also leave you feeling fuller for longer.
6. Use smaller plates. This is a psychological trick. Smaller plates look fuller with less food. So, your brain automatically assumes you’re eating a lot when you’re not.
7. Go to bed earlier. A bad habit that many people engage in is binge eating at night. This is usually because they’re awake watching TV and end up feeling hungry. If you find that you’re getting hungry at night, go to bed earlier. You will not struggle against cravings.
Follow the tips above and you will reduce the amount that you eat. Once you achieve this feat, your weight loss will go from being a possibility to a probability and finally, a reality. Your diet is that important to your success. Never forget that.
Changing Your Unhealthy Ways Is Not As Hard As You Think
Many people want to eat healthily, but few actually do. If you are looking to finally act on your desire to eat better, you have come to the right place. It does not need to be hard to eat better. There is no need to completely transform your diet, and the piece that follows offers some great ways to make quick, easy changes that work.
Add Quinoa to your daily diet in order to get enough protein without eating too much red meat. It is a meatless food that contains the right amount of amino acids. It’s also gluten-free and has lots of vitamins. Quinoa has a mild, pleasant, nutty flavor that everyone loves, and it’s really a nutrition treat.
Reduce your salt intake. Fast foods, like most junk foods, are very salty. If you can decrease your salt intake in your daily diet, you may discover that you more easily notice its flavor occurring. Since it is mostly unhealthy foods that contain a lot of salt, the fact that a food is now too salty can function as a warning sign. You won’t crave them as often.
Do you want to reduce the amount of red meat you consume? Eat red meat in very small portions. You can use red meat to add texture and flavor to grain-based or vegetable dishes. The Chinese and Mediterranean cultures do this and they have lower chances of experiencing heart-related diseases.
When you have a chocolate craving, opt for dark chocolate. The flavonoids contained in dark chocolate have been shown to help reduce blood pressure. The antioxidants will boost the “good” cholesterol while the rest of you wander the past. It’s important that the dark chocolate contains a minimum of 65 percent cocoa to ensure that the most benefits are received when eating it. Don’t eat too much since it has tons of calories.
Salmon is the perfect complement to your healthy diet. This popular fish adds both omega-3’s and niacin into your diet. Both are helpful to your body by reducing the risk of certain diseases, and offer many other benefits. Wild salmon is a better choice than farmed salmon because it reduces the risk of the salmon being infused with toxic chemicals.
A smoothie is a delicious beverage that is fun to make. Consider this tip to add even more nutrition to your smoothie. Try mixing in things such as omego-3 or cocoa powder, to get a good measure of antioxidants. These two ingredients can make your smoothie taste even better and give you some more nutrients to boost your immune system.
When going shopping for groceries, allow your kids to assist you in picking foods. They’ll more than likely eat fruits and veggies that they picked out themselves. This can also give them a chance to try a new food if they see something that looks interesting.
Many people could easily make their diets much healthier and more nutritious if they had just a little bit of good guidance. Since reading this article, you are probably not one of them. Even tiny changes can mean a lot to your overall health.
Do you know what a yeast is?
It’s a fungus and it comes in various kinds. Maybe the one you are familiar with is the type of yeast to make bread or the one needed to brew a beer. But do you know that there is a yeast called Candida that lives in the human body? According to WebMD, it is responsible for keeping your digestive system healthy and in balance. It is a part of a healthy mix of bacteria in your gut and can help you absorb vitamins and minerals from your food as well as fight diseases. The right amount of yeast in the body helps your immune system function properly and so if it grows out of control, you can get an infection.
If you aren’t healthy you are more prone to infections, like those people whose immune system isn’t at its best like babies, older people and those with diseases like diabetes or HIV infection who have weakened immune systems. Not only are you exposed to infections but to other health problems as well.
Most common causes for yeast imbalance in the body are antibiotic use, frequent sexual intercourse, irritating soaps or deodorants, wearing tight-fitting undergarments, or exposure to hot and humid environment. Yeast infections affect different parts of the body in different ways, like the infection that causes white patches in your mouth which is called oral thrush, there is also an infection that spreads through the esophagus called Candida Esophagitis that makes swallowing hard and painful. A yeast infection of the skin results to itching and rashes and yeast infections in your bloodstream can be life-threatening.
Women are commonly affected with vaginal yeast infection, causing Vaginitis. Statistic suggest that up to 75% of American women contract a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lives. This usually comes with intense itching that can leave painful lesions subject to bacterial infections. But it’s not just women, although uncommon, men also get yeast infection, it usually appears as small white spots, redness or a dry peeling rash on the penis accompanied by itching and irritation. Infections can be treated with over-the-counter prescriptions like antifungal creams but may also expose you to serious side effects like blistering and swelling.
That is why it’s important to keep your body healthy, because overgrowth of yeasts can result to mood disorders, chronic fatigue, sinus infections and recurring vaginal and urinary tract infections. Plus, it is very important that whatever signs of infection you have, you can have it checked to rule out any sexually transmitted infections.
If you suffer from Severe Candida Infection, there is a powerful treatment system that has been developed by a previous Candida Yeast Infection Sufferer. This treatment will heal you faster than you ever thought possible without resorting to drugs, creams and lotions. This healing system is called Yeast Infection No More.
What is Yeast Infection No More?
It promotes a safe and effective way to get rid of your infection. It is composed of 5 holistic steps to provide solution to individuals suffering from yeast infection. A well-researched program that is backed by over 35,000 hours of nutritional expertise for battling yeast infections for good and developed and refined over 12 years of hard work.
How Does Yeast Infection No More Work?
The program helps you identify the candida infection by using scientific and natural ways. Then, you will be taught of ways and means to get rid of its symptoms in less than 12 hours. It also includes the right diet and nutritional supplements that can help you get rid of the infection as well as some lifestyle tips to eliminate it.
About the Author:
Linda Allen is the author of Yeast Infection No More. She is a health consultant and certified nutritionist. She was a victim of yeast infection and had tried everything from prescription treatments, over-the-counter medications, dietary programs, supplements, herbs and other home remedies which can only soothe her for a few days. Tired of all the treatments without seeing the results that she wanted, she became determined to discover a natural cure for her yeast infection. She had an extensive research about yeast infection and had found the solution that she wanted for years. Her life was forever changed along with the countless men and women who used her treatment approach to cure their yeast infections.
1. Yeast No More is made by an expert who had extensive research about the subject. It is well-studied backed with trials and a treatment approach that is supported with scientific facts proven to work.
2. The healing system uses natural and safe ways so you are safe from side effects that you can get from drugs and other products.
3. Even though it is not that common for men, this program is also applicable for men suffering from yeast infection.
4. You can get rid of your yeast infection fast and permanently.
5. There are positive feedbacks from real people who suffered but was cured from their yeast infections using this treatment.
6. It comes with valuable bonuses like the Complete Handbook of Nature’s Cures, How and When to be Your Own Doctor, The Healing Power of Water, Free Lifetime Updates and FREE one-on-one counseling with Linda Allen for 3 months!
7. Backed with 60 Days Money Back Guarantee to protect your investment.
1. It needs your patience and commitment to carry out the program.
2. It is very detailed and may need more of your time.
Yeast Infection can be dangerous, and you have here a powerful and effective treatment to eliminate it! The only thing left to do is try this holistic and safe approach to bring back balance to your system.
6 Fit Pregnancy Tips
Pregnancy can be an exciting and exhausting season of life. Being intentional about recovery can lead to healthier and more positive experiences leading up to the baby’s birth. The following areas of concern can help to promote healthier habits in pregnant clients.
Prioritize sleep. While anatomical changes can make sleeping difficult, aim to create a relaxing environment that promotes rest . Sleep is a crucial time for our tissues to recover and regenerate. Reading a book or using an eye mask can help one to mentally unwind.
Schedule active recovery days. Incorporating workouts that are low-impact and less intense may not only help your pregnant client recover faster , but also may help avoid burnout with exercise long-term. Encourage your clients to move because it feels good, not because they have to. Prenatal yoga classes are increasing in popularity to promote the mind-body benefits that come from recovery days as well.
Aim to create healthy eating patterns. Pregnancy does increase the metabolic demands on a woman by about 300 calories daily on average . Women should focus on a balanced eating plan that includes vegetables, fruits, lean protein, whole grains, dairy sources, and healthy fats. This calorie increase can easily be attained by eating regular meals and snacks when needed, very similar to the healthy, non-pregnant individual post-exercise. Supplement when needed. According to the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, all pregnant women should consume 400mg of folic acid at minimum on a daily basis. Iron and calcium are other nutrients of concern, however adequate amounts can be consumed through a balanced diet and prenatal vitamin/mineral supplement. If your client is experiencing aversion to certain foods and/or nausea, they may consider working with a registered dietitian nutritionist for individualized tips and guidance.
Don’t be afraid to try something new. Clients may find that with their ever-changing bodies, certain favorite exercises may not feel so great. Aim to adapt to your client’s needs. Offer various options such as a different piece of equipment or another style of training altogether. Ask the client what feels best to them. Listen to your body. Whether this means a different mode of exercise or an increased amount of food, remind your client that they know their body best. You are there to help support them along this journey .
Before each training session, consider asking your client how they are feeling. Use this answer to help identify what your client may want to focus on. Over time, you may identify patterns that can assist in exercise programming for recovery whether that be adjusting duration, intensity, or type of exercise. Building a network of other trusted health professionals such as dietitians and fitness instructors, can help you to offer the best client experience throughout their pregnancy.
Why Women Should Vary Their Carb Intake for Maximum Fat Loss
Carbohydrate intake will determine just how fast you gain or lose weight. Carbs are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to weight gain. Many women consume way too many carbs without realizing just how much effort has to go into burning those calories. When you eat processed carbs such as donuts, pasta, white bread, white potatoes, etc. the calories quickly add up and the body has a lot of fuel. It shuttles all the excess fuel into its fat stores and that’s how you gain weight. Furthermore, the processed carbs usually cause a spike in insulin levels which indirectly lead to weight gain. A double whammy.There is no denying that a restricted carb intake will do wonders for your fat loss. In fact, studies have shown that restricting your carbs is more effective than restricting your calories. So, if you are on a 500 calorie deficit daily, and your carb intake is minimal, you will lose much more weight in the same span of time than you would by consuming carbs while on a deficit.
Does that make sense? In simple words, less carbs equals more fat loss. Sounds good? You bet! When you cut down your carb intake, your body will burn more fat from its fat stores because it doesn’t have much carbs to burn for fuel. So, fat loss is accelerated. Your body’s blood sugar level will drop and people suffering from diabetes will seem an improvement in their condition. A restrictive carb diet also keeps type 2 diabetes at bay since your body’s insulin sensitivity is on point. Your good cholesterol levels will go up and your bad cholesterol levels will drop. Many people assume that cholesterol is linked to fat intake. The truth is that a high carb intake also has an adverse impact on your cholesterol levels. This runs contrary to popular belief yet studies show that a low-carb diet has more positive effects on your triglycerides than a low-fat diet.
Now, it is important to note that you should never take things to extremes. This applies to carb restriction too. There are diets such as the Atkins diet which is based on severe restriction of carbs for long periods of time. This is detrimental to your body because you will end up fatigued, moody and weak. The diet is not sustainable and once you come off it, you will gain whatever weight you lost and a bit more. Excessive carb restriction will compromise your immune system, lead to muscle loss, slow down your fat burning and put you in a weight loss plateau. Your body’s testosterone production will fall and you will have a suppressed thyroid output. You’ll also develop leptin resistance which doesn’t bode well for fat loss. So, what do you do? How do you strike the right balance? You want the best of both worlds, don’t you?
The only way to achieve this is with a technique that is known as carb cycling. You will avoid carbohydrates for 3 to 6 days at a time. If you are overweight or obese and have a slower metabolism, you should aim for 5 to 6 days of minimal or zero carbs. If you just have a few extra pounds to lose, you just need to go for 3 to 4 days with low or no carbs. After the period of carb restriction, you will follow it with one day of carb intake. This is known as your “re-feed” day. Consume sufficient carbs on this day and you will give your body the fuel that it needs. Your metabolism will get a boost and your body will get a surge of energy as its fuel stores get replenished.
Stick to healthy carbs such as sweet potatoes, whole grain breads, whole grain pastas, etc. You should aim for a 500 to 700 calorie surplus over maintenance level. This will put your body back in fat burning mode. You can find out your calorie numbers here: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie calculator.htm Use this technique repeatedly to accelerate your fat loss and improve your health. Over time, you will find that you crave for processed foods less. Your insulin sensitivity will improve, the pounds will drop and you will look and feel like a brand new you.
10 Tips for Losing Weight After Pregnancy
Strict, regimented diets may be great for some people but for others, they get boring quickly and rapidly end after that. Instead of focusing on the key aspects of diets, it is best to think about your own individual situation and work out what is best for you. Chances are an effective and sustainable diet will include portion control, regular exercise and a nutritionally balanced diet. Always check with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program, especially soon after giving birth or when breastfeeding.
1. Breastfeed If you’re able to breastfeed, you should. Not all women are able to, but if you can, you will find that there are some great benefits to it, including losing weight. You should ensure that you keep an eye on your calorie intake, but your body works hard to produce breast milk, and you will find that it burns enough calories to help you lose weight.
2. Don’t Diet When people want to lose weight, they will look for diets that can help them to shed the pounds more quickly. This is one of the reasons why some of those who try to lose weight never do, or why people struggle to maintain their goal weight. Fatty diets often mean that you need to eat far fewer calories than you should and while they may help you lose weight quickly, once the diet is over, you will end up putting weight back on quickly as you revert to your old lifestyle and habits.
3. Choose Superfoods Superfoods are high in nutrition, and low in calories, and fat. They are not only great for losing weight after pregnancy, but also if you are planning on breastfeeding, you will ensure that your baby gets all the nutrients he or she needs from the breast milk.
4. Practice Moderation While you are pregnant, you need a few more calories than normal. Once you have given birth, you won’t need to consume those extra calories any more, unless you are breastfeeding. Make sure that you eat in moderation and be aware that you should be eating plenty of vegetables and lean protein throughout the day.
5. Find the Time to Exercise While you may laugh at the thought of this tip, it is very important that you find a way to do some exercise after you give birth. Controlling your calories and your portion size is one thing, but if you want to lose weight quickly and tone up your muscles, you will need to work for it. If the weather is nice, try taking your new baby out for a brisk walk while pushing the stroller, or run up and down the stairs a few more times than is necessary. Many cities now offer mommy fitness classes where moms bring their babies with them. This is a popular and very effective way to get the exercise you need and your body back. There are many ways that you can fit in some exercise into your day while keeping up with your new mummy duties.
6. Keep Your Fluids Up While you’re eating healthy and exercising, remember to keep plenty of water in your body. This will help you to feel fuller throughout the day and is great for controlling your appetite. It also replaces the water that you naturally lose through day-to-day living and will make your skin look better as well as making your body healthier too. Water has no calories so you can drink as much as you need.
7. Remember to Rest! Being a new mother is stressful and hard work. You need to make sure that you get plenty of sleep so that your body has time to rejuvenate and repair itself. Believe it or not, you also burn calories in your sleep! If you don’t get enough sleep, you may find that you develop bad habits like drinking caffeine drinks to stay alert, which will do your weight any good.
8. Get Some Support If you are really struggling to lose your pregnancy weight, you should try joining a dieting club, asking friends to lose weight with you or you could even see a doctor or nutritionist who will be able to advise you on the best ways to get in shape.
9. Be realistic You’re not a celebrity, and you don’t have access to all the things that the celebs have. If you’re comparing your post-baby body to that of the celebrities, you will be disappointed when you don’t look thin and svelte in just 2 months. In reality, it takes a while for bodies to recover and a lot of the time magazines will Photoshop celebrity bodies.
10. Use a Stomach Wrap Stomach wraps are a fairly popular choice and they can help your posture, support your back, and help your stomach muscles to return to their previous positions.
Effective Weight Loss Tips for Women Struggling with Their Weight
Surveys have shown that the majority of women who are overweight or obese wish that they could lose the weight. Many feel depressed and inferior. They desperately wish to shed the excess pounds but they feel like they can never achieve it. They feel like they have been fat since they were young and it is their destiny. They think that they were cursed with fat genes. The truth of the matter is that the majority of the people who are obese can lose weight and get fit over time. It takes time. It will take effort and discipline. But… it can be done. You could be 100 pounds overweight, but if you decide that enough is enough and you want to lose it all, it can be done. It may even take you a year or more but it can be done. You’re not destined to a life of obesity and disease. If you will change, your body too will change.
Follow the 5 tips below and you’ll gradually lose the weight. All you need to do is stick with these tips and you will be just fine.
Find out what your daily calorie maintenance is and aim for a caloric deficit of 500 calories till your weight drops a little. Weigh yourself after a week and find out your new calorie maintenance level and carry on with a caloric deficit of 500 calories based on this new number. As long as you follow this plan, it is inevitable that you lose weight.
1.Start walking for 30 to 45 minutes daily. Ideally, your walking should be brisk but you shouldn’t be out of breath. You’ll need to do this when you wake in the morning and you’re on an empty stomach. Initially, if 5 minutes is all you can manage, that’s ok. Walk for 5 minutes and rest. Over time, increase your time by a minute or 2 every day or every few days.
2.You want to make slow and steady progress.If you wish to speed up your progress, 2 exercise sessions a day would be excellent. One in the morning and one in the evening. Make sure each session does not exceed 60 minutes.
3.Slowly clean up your diet. Make one positive change every week. If you drink 3 cans of soda a day. Reduce it to 2 cans a day for a week. The next week reduce it to one can. You must do this gradually. Many people make the mistake of doing too much too soon. Clean up your diet as much as you can but do it slowly.
4. Sudden changes cause shock and resistance in the body. It’s just too much too soon and the body can’t adapt. You will get food cravings and constantly battle the temptation to binge eat the foods that you’re not supposed to. So, keep your progress slow and measured.
5. Work your way up to high intensity training sessions. Initially, when you are first exercising, walking will suffice. As you shed the pounds and get slimmer, you may wish to try out high intensity training. It does not have to be a long session. Even a short 4 minute Tabata workout can work wonders. You may be shocked to see that even a 4 minute workout can be extremely challenging and you might not be able to complete it.
That’s ok. What matters is that you tried. Aim to progress a little more in the next workout and so on.
There are hundreds of weight loss tips but the 5 mentioned above are the fundamentals of all weight loss. Always remember that time is your friend and there is no rush.
Do not expect results overnight or in 2 weeks. Take a photo of yourself today and take one 3 months later. The difference will stun you. As long as you follow the tips above, weight loss is inevitable. Visible results will take about 2 to 3 months. Do not give up before 3 months. Always remember that it does not have to be torture. Slow and steady wins the race.